Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hark how the bells

Ok, I got the xmas tree up. It is very shiny and sparkly. I turned on the color wheel light and it was beee-uu-ti-ful. Then I turned it off because I was afraid of starting a fire! Thanks for your comments. I think I'll start calling Dan- Dapper Dan because he knows how to be a gentleman! I'm going to wait until the new year and see what comes of everything. I am still actively looking for a man so I won't let this, whatever it is, keep me back. I'm sure I'll trade one obsession for another soon!!

Saturday was mine and I rested, puttered, and rested some more. Watched Dr. Who. I'm not sure about the replacement Dr. Who yet. Then I walked to the knitting store on Division to get some yarn. It is almost a mile from my house. Of course I chose to go right when it started snowing. The yarn at the store was gorgeous, but a bit pricey. I ended up only spending $10 more then I had budgeted, but that seems to be happening with every gift. I stopped by the Renenegade Handmarket, also on Division, but I just didn't find anything. My final stop was the Paper Doll and I picked up the cutest blank for blank. Sorry, they are xmas gifts so I can't reveal what it was. I did buy myself a really sweet calendar for 2008.

Saturday night, even though I didn't want to, I got myself gussied up and went and met the girls (hello fabulous girls) at 404 Wine Bar on Southport. We had a very nice evening, even though I had to walk to Ashland to get the bus because there was no *#()*$& North Avenue bus. It kept snowing the whole time we were there and finally after a couple of glasses of wine I called it a night because I had to finish up "the report" on Sunday.

I couldn't get a cab on Southport because there were a bunch of other people looking for cabs and so I walked down to Diversey. Still, no cab. So, I start walking to Ashland to get the bus. There were piles of snow everywhere and I was very grateful I'd worn my biker boots. I'm tromping through snow drifts and I keep trying to flag down a cab. Finally one stops. I get in and I end up talking to the guy. Me, all I don't talk to strangers and beware of my wall, chatting away with the cab driver. We start talking about Lake Michigan and I mention I'd done some sailing. Then he said he used to work at the yacht yard. I said, um my ex-boy worked at that yacht yard. And he turns around and says I know you. And I was all, I know you. Ex-boy and I had gone sailing with this guy and his girlfriend. I liked them. We talked a bit about my dating predicament (learning how to and the jerks I've encountered) and he told me that I needed to figure out what kind of guy I wanted. He's kind of right. Maybe if I figure out what I want then I'll learn how to avoid the ones that don't fit. It was nice to feel cozy in a cab and to be driven home by someone you know during a whirling snowstorm. I gave him a nice tip.

Sunday I finished up "the report" and watched The Producers while I crocheted a gift for flirty boy. Then I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and I'll spare you the details but I was violently ill. As I was cradling the toilet I thought, oh my god, I'm going to die and LK is going to eat me because I live a-loooo-ne (you know, that episode from Sex in the City). Needless to say I didn't die, but I did take Monday off work to recoup.

This morning as I'm leaving the house I trip over a package from England. I go back into the apartment and find the most gorgeous trivet that Cora made for me. The colors are perfect for my kitchen. Plus there were assorted other goodies including chocolate. Mmmm. So, I try to leave the house, again. Walk a block and realize I've forgotten my gym bag. Think for one moment that I'm not supposed to go to the gym and turn around and go get it. I only went once last week and that just wasn't enough.

I had set a reminder for myself to check the Art Institute course offerings for the Spring and I found they have an Intro to sewing class, but they are also offering a millinery class. I have to take it. I'll wait to take the sewing class next time around. You know you'll all be getting straw hats as gifts in the future. Ooo, that is exactly what Dapper Dan needs.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I only want a straw hat if it has a big ribbon to tie under my chin! Just like Scarlet O'Hara! ha ha And what is this about Spain?!? I want to hear the details Friday (caroling) or Saturday (movie). Spain and Cancun in 1 year- quite the world traveler!