I do not know if I've mentioned it but the emails I have been getting on OKCupid are from men even further away then Wisconsin. The last guy wanted us to get to know each other so we could start a family but he worked on an offshore oil rig (or something). The email I got this morning was from someone in Pakistan. I do not have a problem dating someone who is from Pakistan, but they at least have to be in my relative vicinity. At least this one did not seem to want me to start making babies anytime soon.
Yesterday afternoon I had a mini meltdown in my office. There was one more thing that had to be done immediately and I lost it. I started crying and I could not stop. Nothing like pacing in your office, crying quietly and berating oneself to stop crying. I finally managed to get it down to a sniffle and I dashed to my friends office and continued with the crying. Gradually it petered out. Something has to give. Today I have a project I have to get done and I am going to turn off the email and focus on it specifically. The rest of the world can crumble to bits around me. Everyone's urgent last minute problems can be just that-their problems.
There was belly dancing chaos last night. She played a song and wanted us to dance to it. We could not handle doing it on our own. She wanted us to feel the music and be a visual expression of it and I was a visual blob. What she was trying to teach was logically the next step but we were stymied. There is going to be a month break with the belly dancing and then we will start up again. I think I'm going to have to do some dancing at home to keep up. Anyone want to join me. I've got a mean shimmy.
2 comments:
I'd shimmy with you anytime, Dish!
Oh you're gonna she her sheba shimmy shake....name that tune!
The emails from strange guys across the world is pretty typical, as it is pretty easy to email a stranger and tell them you want them to have your babies (much harder in person). Keep your chin up regarding work. Think of yourself like the Invisible Woman with a force field to keep out other's negativity!
Post a Comment