Tuesday, April 01, 2008

sub conscious

Last night as I was falling asleep, you know that point between complete sleep and yet you are still conscious. That point where you are drooling, and you know you are drooling, but you are too asleep to stop it. That's the one. At that point I dreamt that I ran into the professor on the street and he stopped and realized that I indeed was the one. He admitted he had been foolish and I was properly skeptical and then deigned to let him give me a kiss. Or something like that because I forgot about it when I woke up this morning until just now.

The professor just called me. I answered the phone and at first did not even realize who it was because I had deleted him. I deleted him from my in box, I deleted him from my phone, and I foolishly thought that was it. He apologized for not responding to me sooner and that he had been doing the weasly man thing and said he was sorry again. I told him, well, at least you responded to my last email. He then said he had gone on another date the weekend that we met and things had clicked. Reprise of what he said in his previous email. In my head I'm thinking uh, ok, why are you telling me this. Then he said we should have coffee sometime soon. This would be the point where my brain melted and I said sure. Granted there was no date or time set. WTF. This sent me running off to the girls at work and the guess is the thing with the other girl did not work out. So that makes me, what, back up girl? I have made a vow not to contact him. I am so not contacting him. I was also told I'm supposed to not go out with him again because I'm better then that. Yeah, ok, one level of me knows I am better, but the other part, the part that gets a bit giddy is saying go go go.

I have been watching too much Gray's Anatomy lately and I just want to say pick me, pick me. Aye there's the rub, he didn't pick me.

This sucks.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Freaky that you had a dream about him and then he called! Unless, you dream of him every night. ;-)
It's easy for me to say this standing where I am, but I say it's too late for him. Sounds like he dated the other girl for a little while and it didn't work out so now he's crawling back to you hoping for another chance. Too bad! He hurt you once, shame on him; hurt you twice, shame on you. I know, I know, it's easy for me to say; wouldn't be so easy if I was in your shoes.

akg said...

I disagree, people are not perfect and deserve second chances, however this does not mean we have to swoon and fall over for them. If you can handle being his friend, I say enjoy, if you can't, no biggie, don't go for coffee.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Amy. You can't base your relationship standards off of TV and movies. Sometimes people DO make mistakes and don't come running after you in the rain with "Moon River" playing in the background :( I know, it sucks. ROMANCE does exist, but sometimes it doesn't play out how we have been conditioned to think it does. Take a deep breath and take a moment and then think things through . . .

Kandy Christensen said...

This dating/ not dating thing is hard! Ash I love the Moon River reference. Granted that was one messed up relationship, so maybe that is the trade off. If you want something relatively sane and stable don't expect someone to run after you romantically in the rain!

Dan said...

Geez! Was this gang up on Dan or what? lol I said, it's easy for me to say standing where I am right now, but if I was standing where Kandy is, I'm sure I'd go out with him again. Heck, I can't even get a date, so if I COULD, I would give him as many chances as he wanted! Just be careful and try to keep your heart guarded. I fall too easily and get hurt too quickly; don't want that to happen to Dish!