Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Gentlemen

I was reading the Sartorialist, where I learned that it is ok to wear high top chucks with skirts, and he made a comment about an Italian gentleman that he shot who had grace. He asked if there were any modern books about manners for men and one of his readers responded, "Though I don't know about any direct advise books I always find Jane Austen's books often address the question what (and what not) makes a gentleman". Exactly. Maybe instead of a cowboy I should try to find Mr. Darcy.

Finis:
Turbo kick
I took my midterm. While I can't say I failed it, I am pretty sure I got a D. Multiple choice makes my eyes cross and also makes me incapable of properly using the English language.
Saw a lecture on the start of the Israeli/Palestine conflict by Victor Kattan. He gave a very historical and thoroughly researched position. I am glad I went.
Started sewing my grey and mustard yellow skirt. For the first time I managed to sew in a zipper successfully.
Did Pilates.

No comments: