Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Settling

So, I read this book review hoping to get a little hint, maybe a tiny bit of assistance in this big wide world of dating. The book is called Marry Him:The Case for Settling for Mr. Good Enough. I think that it may have a good point, sometimes we are so busy lusting after Mr. Wrong, that we don't notice when Mr. Right is right beneath our nose. Not that I've ever done that. Except, Alhamdulillah (non literal translation- Arabic for thank God), I never settled. I look back at the times I was so close to settling and I shudder. Thank goodness I was willing to strike out on my own. Thank goodness I chose living la vida loca to settling. Thank goodness that I did not compromise. While my circumstance might be a bit different then some women who are nitpicky about how much money a guy makes or what kind of car he drives, I still cannot help but feel that it would be better to not settle.

I hope that forty years from now I can look back on the life I live and be grateful, even if I spent it alone. I do know that not settling and not compromising means I am currently living a pretty kick-butt life.

Rare, not well-done:
Finished my grey and mustard-yellow skirt. It is ridiculously cute. I was quite proud that I managed to put in a zipper, made it to fit correctly (even my curves) and finished it.
Went to Feltre School for a book discussion on Alice in Wonderland.
Does lay on the couch count?
Found out that I got a very middle-of-the road C on my mid-term.
Started my taxes.

No comments: