My gym buddy and I decided to swim last night. Unfortunately when we arrived the pool was packed. A lane opened up and this woman, who had been sharing a lane, moved into it. Finally after 20 minutes she asked us if we would like it. At that point I was about to combust because she hadn't been swimming. She would doggy paddle and do a side stroke kick for a couple of yards and then stop, stand there, then swim a little more, repeat. I had been reading articles about excercise that said swimming wasn't a good way to lose weight. Now I understand why they said that because swimming is hard excercise if you do it correctly.
We did 5 sets of 250 yesterday which means we swam 50 lengths of the pool. Not quite a mile, but we are getting there. We keep adding a 50 to each set when we go to build up. We are getting faster though. Not as fast as the guy that ended up swimming next to us. Oh my goodness, he was just... fabulous. He had the perfect swimmer's body, long and lean but muscular. He did butterfly and I was practically having a heart attack in the pool because the boy could move and he was lifting 3/4 of his body out of the pool. When I do butterfly I can barely lift my head up out of the water, let alone my neck, back and butt. He was very sweet because as I was waiting for my gym buddy to finish up her last lap, he commented on how much we had swum. I told him we were trying, but we were not nearly as fast as he was. He was super sweet. Sigh.
I then went home and had a bunch of phone messages and the only one who answered the phone when I called them back was the ex-boyfriend. He had called because he needed some paperwork off of the computer, which he had then found. He told me he was getting his mail forwarded so it should not be coming to my house anymore. Get this- the reason he has an address is because he bought a house. Now, it is in South Chicago Heights, a place I would never want to visit, let alone live, but he bought a house. We had a very civil and pleasant conversation and he said that if he could buy a house (and his finances are in worse shape then mine) then I had better get out there and start looking because if anyone deserved a place of their own it was me.
Before anyone freaks out and thinks 'oh my god' she is talking to him, I would like to point out that buying a house does not make him somebody I would want to date. It was just nice to have a conversation that was not awkward and frigid. It was kind of surreal though to think that he has a house. He is right, I should get my finances in order and see if I can buy a place. I've always been too afraid to do it. I've got another year left on this lease and so I can at least start poking around and lining everything up. Maybe if I do the legwork the rest will be taken care of.
No comments:
Post a Comment