Thursday, November 29, 2007

random thoughts brought to you by me

I am now officially a Master. I got my final grade, an A. Do you seriously think I would get anything less?! I've graduated with a 3.767 out of 4.0 GPA. That is probably the best I've ever done in my entire life. Not that I'm bragging or anything! Now I feel like I can take on anything. MBA here I come. I tried that out to see how it sounds and nope, still not wanting an MBA so much. Considering I failed out of college the first time around I think it behooves University's to give returning adults a second chance. Take that UW Madison. I don't hold any resentment because they didn't accept me 6 years ago. No, not at all.



Tuesday night I went to the gym and I got there right at 7 so I could watch Bones. I think someone should let David Boreanaz know that we will be getting married soon and even though I don't really want children, I'd make that sacrifice for him. Anyways, the gym was mobbed. There were people waiting to get on treadmills and every elliptical machine was full. The only row of machines that had some open were the stair climber and that giant stair climber machine thing that I don't even know if I could climb up on, let alone make it go. Then over in the back back corner I spy an elliptical machine open and it doesn't have a television. Now, I know I'm spoiled at my gym but I timed things so I could watch my show. It is my little incentive program. I'm at the very back of the gym and I notice that over half of the people in the gym are watching Biggest Loser. It just struck me as odd. I know we all have our own reality show guilty pleasures but what makes people want to watch Biggest Loser at the gym?



By the time I got home Tuesday night I was cold (stupid bus) and sore (stupid spending too much time on the elliptical machine making my hips hurt). I took a bath, turned on the electrical mattress pad so the bed would be warm when I went to bed and then plopped down on the couch. I notice after awhile that LK isn't coming out to visit. Finally I get ready to go to bed and the cat is laying with her head on my pillow on my side of the bed. So, I let her take my side of the bed and go to the other side, but I did take my pillow. I wonder who is the master here?



I was half an hour late for work yesterday because I could not get on a train. Stupid, bloody, #&$*!@% CTA.



Last night I get home from work and I am changing my clothes, thinking about putting on workout clothes to do yoga, but I put on my pajamas. My lame excuse is my hips still hurt. Insert whine here. I make some dinner. I clean up the kitchen. I lay on the couch and watch TV. I'm walking to the bathroom to wash up to go to bed and I notice one of my dimmers on the floor in the kitchen. I am a very firm believer that there are appropriate and inappropriate places for the girls to be perky. Work is an inappropriate place, so when I bought my new fancy bra I complained that it wasn't padded and so they sold me dimmers. As in headlights. Get it-dimmers! Then I start wondering where the other one is and lo and behold it is just hanging out where I left it. I was laughing at myself and then I thought the neighbors must think I'm a loon.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Congratulations on becoming a Master! You smarty pants- 3.7! Good Going! If you're a Master, what does that make the rest of us? hmmm Cancun will be fun- Master Mistress! hee hee