Wednesday, November 07, 2007

non-date

So, a friend (female) of flirty boys showed up at the movie screening and my non-date truly turned out to be not a date. That is fine, but could someone explain the witty banter and sexual tension on the way to the movie. I know I can be a dolt sometimes but I'm pretty attuned to the emotions of people around me. Fine.

We did not end up seeing I Want Someone To Eat Cheese With because it was overbooked, but we saw Lars and the Girl which is ridiculously funny and poignantly sad at the same time. It was a brilliant movie. Not to give the story away, but there is a scene where Lars finally admits he can't stand people touching or hugging him and someone is trying to help him break that barrier down. I used to be the same way. In fact, after my accident when I was trapped in a wheel chair a friend used to come into my office (she worked in the office next door and we would tap messages to each other) and hug me and I could not escape. It really was pure torture. Now it is ok to hug me, but only if I know you.

I then got kidnapped and dragged on an expedition by flirty boy to go see the final director's cut of Blade Runner at the Music Box. It was very thrilling to sit there and watch it on the big screen. The only thing that dates the movie is some of the cheesy 80's synthesizer music. Other then that it is timeless. Then I went home to my cat and my cold bed.

Yahoo had a new update for their email service. The last time I tried it I had to switch back immediately because every time a page loaded or you clicked on something it made this clicking noise. I told them the reason I switched back was because of the ridiculous noise. Now they've updated again and it is quiet- they even pointed that out! They integrated yahoo messaging and I had some messages. One was obviously spam and I'm guessing the other was too, but it was addressed to my alter ego from almost 10 years ago, vinylettaandherboots. In my defense I was really bored because I was laid up for over a year and started trying to chat with people. There was one night when the girls were over and we were chatting with 4 different guys at once. It was a very bizarre experience because did these people think I was for real. Needless to say Miss Vinyletta was retired and this is the first I had heard from her in a long time. Maybe I need to bring her out and dust her off.

No comments: