My butt looks good today. I just had to share. I'm going to go to the gym after work so my butt can continue to look good.
I went to the nutritionist today and we talked about the upcoming holidays and really that was it. She said I don't need to see her until I feel I really need to because I'm doing what I need to do. I mean truly I do know what I need to do, which is stay away from the sweets, add in some more vegi's, be careful to get enough protein and calcium, and eat smaller portions. It is really that simple but it is so hard to do sometimes. I feel like there are days that I don't understand what a realistic portion is or that it is OK to dive face first into the bowl of Halloween candy. The other day I brought a ravioli lean cuisine for lunch and I just couldn't deal with eating it because I was craving a salad. Me, craving a salad. So, I went and had a delicious salad. Then today mini sandwiches were put in front of my face and because they were mini I thought that it would be just fine for me to eat as many as I wanted. Some days it works and some days I'm just a mess. Each day that I make healthier choices and go to the gym and keep my feet on this path I feel better and it becomes easier. The moment I stray from the path though everything becomes difficult. I need to stay on the path, but not the one that leads to the gingerbread house!
I did yoga in the chapel last night. My University has a chapel down on the main floor and a couple of weeks ago I went to do yoga. There was this massive storm and we were safe and secure doing yoga in the chapel. It was really cool too because the windows are stained glass and you could see the rain roiling outside and then sparks from the el track. Yesterday was not nearly as dramatic but we did a cool yogariffic move. There is a yoga pose that you put your legs up the wall while laying on your back and any time I try to do it at home I can't get my butt up close enough to the wall. Last night it just worked. One moment I was sitting with my knees bent to the side and then I rolled and voila my legs were up on the wall and my butt was snug against it. I have no idea how it happened and I doubt I could recreate it. The best part was the chant we did at the end. I had no idea I would love chanting so much. It was a very spiritual experience and sent me out into the world feeling like yes, there is a higher power. And by the way she is a woman!
No comments:
Post a Comment