The birthday party was fun, except it was in a bar in Lake View, which is not really my hood. I felt a bit awkward when I walked in because I had met a couple of the people a couple of times but not enough to really strike up a conversation. I knew the birthday girl but she was flitting about the whole bar. A couple of jack and coke's later and I was flitting about myself. I definitely felt outside of my comfort zone, but I braved it out. There were a few really sweet guys there, but too bad they were gay.
I am going to the opera on Friday, which is very exciting because I have never been. I took my dress to the cleaners and tried it on this weekend and I am swimming in it. It is so big that what used to cover my boobs now hangs down and leaves them bare. I think I'll be able to take it in but I guess I just hadn't thought about how it would fit. The last time I wore the dress was about 6 months ago (which was also the last time I got my hair cut) for a work event. My only concern with taking it in is the overlay is a material that frays really easy and I'd rather not unravel at the opera. I think I'm going to go and get some long black gloves. Just because.
No comments:
Post a Comment