Do you ever feel like life is just full to bursting? I'm having that happy feeling lately and it is kind of strange. I'm tired, work is, well work, and I have a twelve page paper due next week, but I'm all good. I have a full social calendar for the next month and even though there are family obligations that is ok. My Professor asked me what I was going to do next since I have my degree and I told her I didn't know. Her response was "You did it for yourself" and she's right. I started this program never knowing if I would finish and I did it for myself. If I never do a darn thing with this degree then that is ok because it is an accomplishment I never thought in a million years I would ever be able to make.
As much as I have anxiety about this whole dating nonsense, I will admit to a slight tremor of excitement. A small burgeoning hope that I may find some person out there who will respect my views, even if they don't share them, and has a sense of adventure. I'm sure there are more ideas of what I want in a man but I guess right now I'm open to anything. I don't want to limit my choices because my conceived notion of what is good for me might not be what is in store.
*Violent Femmes song
2 comments:
Won’t you stay with me just a little longer
It always seems like your leaving
When I need you here just a little longer
Dear lady there’s so many things
That I have come to fear
Little voice says I’m going crazy
To see all my worlds disappear
Vague sketch of a fantasy
Laughing at the sunrise
Like he’s been up all night
Ooo slippin and slidin
What a good time but now
Have have to find a bed
That can take this weight
Good feeing
Won’t you say stay with me just a little longer
It always seems like your leaving
When I know the other one
Just a little too well
Oh dear lady
Won’t you stay with me just a little longer
Y’know it always seems like your leaving
When I need you here just a little longer
You are a nut! Thanks for that though. If only they would have played that Saturday night.
Post a Comment