Thursday, November 29, 2007

edit me

I am almost done with my dating homework. I'm going to go get a picture taken this weekend (eek!) and then I have to upload it to okcupid (double eek). I'd like to edit my profile and that is where I need your help.

Here is my self-summary:
"I'm crafty, in many different ways. I work in finance for a University by day but I'm an English graduate student by night. I am happy having friends over for dinner parties as much as I enjoy going out with friends. I am as comfortable at the opera as I am at a dive bar. I have an incisive wit."

If you have any additional suggestions, edits or comments please please please give them to me. It needs a little more spark. The problem is I'm a domestic feminist and I don't know how that translates on paper.

Help me, please.

3 comments:

Carey said...

If you can hold on until tomorrow, I will give you my thoughts. No time tonight, sorry!

Kandy Christensen said...

Hold up until tomorrow! Ha! It's taken me 5 months to get to this point. I'm sure I can wait. Thanks.

Carey said...

The "I am crafty in many different ways" evokes dirty thoughts and you may get solicitous responses (which is fine if you are looking for those). I think you are trying to allude to your wit and other crafty things about you but it doesn't come off that way.

Here is my take:

I work in finance for a University by day but I’m an English graduate student by night. I enjoy having friends over for dinner parties as much as dining at Chicago’s great restaurants. Some nights you may find me at the opera, others at my local dive bar, but I like to relax watching a good DVD at home as well.

I think the incisive wit comment is you trying to say that you enjoy good conversation , but it comes off a little snotty. It may turn off shy guys as well.

To get the feminist part in there more, you may want to include your favorite book titles.

A good start though!