Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Flash

I went out to dinner with Amy last night to an amazing Pakistani restaurant in her neighborhood. Total hole in the wall place but the food, and the company, were incredible. I then went to my book group at ETB and it was good. It was nice to have an intelligent conversation and the people there were smart and informed. There was unfortunately an older, European gentleman who was trying to be a part of the conversation but he started asking questions like, how can I get my wife to watch movies with me. Um, that is not what we are here for. He also made comments about how he likes to flirt or play footsie under the table. My little inner alarm was beeping but I managed to not let it overwhelm me. They plan on having another discussion next month and I think I'm going to go. I miss talking about books.

I also, finally, bought myself a little something. I went home and couldn't find batteries. Found batteries and couldn't get it to work. Finally realized that the batteries were fine, but it takes 3 not 2. Something to bring joy should not be so frustrating! I am now in a better mood.

I went to Macy's yesterday and found a pair of red tights and a pair of black lacy tights. I didn't want to go out and buy a new outfit because I wanted to be me, but a little augmentation doesn't hurt. I'm wearing a sexy sweater that is burgundy on the bottom and then fades into orange (my colors), a black suit skirt that does wonderful things for a girl and the tights. I had to layer them because the red was too red but with the black lace on top it looks great. My skirt goes over the knees and I'm wearing tall boots but there is a bit of hint of lace. That clothing choice took minutes. Then I couldn't figure out what jewelry to wear. I finally realized I was being ridiculous and decided to wear my k necklace (the old typewriter key on a bit of ribbon) and my crazy orange ring. I tend to wear my k necklace on days I'm feeling anxious and it is almost like an amulet for me. Now I can go off and slay dragons. Or have coffee with a complete and utter stranger.

I'll report back.

2 comments:

Carey said...

Where is the report? I can't wait forever you know!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Kandy. You really are an ispiration! By the way, I think I have solved your underwear problem. You need to get the VS hipster. They are soooooooo great! They fit right across your hips, but are very wide - so the give good coverage and are not "granny-ish" either and stay up!

Your outfit sounds super cute and Kandiesk. I have my fingers crossed, he sounds like a dream boat :) Let us know how it goes!