Monday, May 19, 2008

chitlins

I told someone this morning that as much as I am excited about going to Spain, I'm even more excited to be visiting Cora in London! It is kind of sad that the only place I can think to go is somewhere that sells Liberty fabric. Have you seen this stuff- it's gorgeous. So, if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them. I'm also going to be in Spain for their annual pride parade. I kind of think I have to go to it.


I am continuously amazed at the people I have in my life and how they are so giving of their time and energy, or resources I don't have. I managed to get a ride to the suburbs to go to a graduation party. I could have gone to the Cure concert, but my gym buddy is an important part of my life and so I wanted to celebrate her graduation. I stayed the night at my mom's and went on Sunday to Wendy's house to celebrate her daughters birthday. I can't believe she is five. It is so amazing to watch them grow up and become little people with their own personalities. I was sent home with a huge pile of food, enough to last me for lunch and dinner for a couple of days. Wendy packed my food up in a princess bag. I pointed that out to her and her only response was I know. She also sent me home with a sweater that I and another friend had bought her in high school and a pair of incentive jeans. All of those little incentives help.


It was kind of soothing to take the train home. Since I do not have to take it every day I have a lot of memories tied up in train rides. I even mentioned to my mother this weekend that I remembered taking the train from the Downers Grove station to the Westmont station and buying a coloring book at the Westmont pharmacy, which still stands. She couldn't believe that I remembered that. It was like a mini adventure and in my child's mind we went on a journey. I laugh today because I could probably walk to the Downers Grove train station from Westmont!


I met with my therapist today because I needed to get some perspective on this situation at work. I even had a dream that someone physically accosted me at work and it brought up all of the old memories and in my dream I got trapped in my past. I think I need a reboot. She reiterated what I knew I needed to do and I left feeling like I could handle the upcoming challenges. At least I hope I can handle them with a little more grace and a little less panic.

I'm having another 'I'm losing my underwear day'. One would think that one would learn from one's fiasco's. I put them on this morning and thought, huh, these seem kind of loose, but oh well, they match my bra. I am also wearing a dress. Walking down the street I have to literally hold my underwear up through my skirt. I think these are headed for the trash, that is if I can make it home with them on.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Have I told you lately that I am jealous you are going to London? Yes, I am JEALOUS!!! I saw that Cora had posted a comment a few blogs back and so I clicked on her link. Her photos were GORGEOUS!! Obviously, Cora will have plenty planned for you to do. It looks like St Albans is a beautiful little town. It would be nice to see that as well as London- kind of get the best of both worlds- the city and a little bit of the countryside. Bring me back a chocolate candy bar and I'd marry you all over again Dish! ;-)
Oh- and keep those underpants on!