I need a man. When a tall man standing close to you at the coffee counter sends shivers up your spine when he places his coffee order, then you know you need a man. Stupid spring.
More crying in the office today. Yes, I'm calling my therapist. I seem to have boundary issues. In my defense I do have a very out of the normal realm stressful situation going on.
I have logged onto yahoo instant messenger. Not just because my past blast, who I have not heard from, mentioned it. Stupid men. I thought it would actually be a nice way to keep in touch with my mom since I don't get to talk to her much during the week. I sent her a request to chat. I mentioned it to her on the phone. She can't figure it out and so she then sends me an email. I am sitting here typing away last night on my paper and my computer starts ringing. Somehow or other she figured out the yahoo calling function. I call her back through the computer. She calls me for real and is freaking out because her computer is ringing. She does not have a microphone on her computer so the whole thing was a fruitless endeavor. I then talked her through, on a real phone, how to im and ping, she did it. How many different forms of communication does it take to figure out how to communicate?
Back to the paper...I needed five pages and only five pages because I was not going to get another frowny face and a message from the teacher telling me he was not going to read past page five. I finish it late this afternoon and print it off. At that point I realize that it was 10 point, not 12 point font. I'm actually at 7 pages! I then go through and slash away two pages. I did not reread or reedit the paper. I turned it in. We shall see.
I had an invite to go to the Cubs game tomorrow afternoon, but a) I have to work, b) it is cold out and c) I want to go to the gym tomorrow. I just have to recognize, and this is what happened last week, that sometimes going to the gym is the best choice. Especially since I'm feeling stuck, and I am stressed the h e double hockey sticks out. Good point Dan, I'm lucky to still have motivation. Those size 14 pants are pretty strong motivation. I am still at the point where I put them on and have muffin top. I can breath in them though. Breathing counts, right?
I'm making a choice to rest tonight, even though it means I'm up past my bed time. I'm going to regroup and go out to breakfast, even if it is just by myself, tomorrow before I go to work. I will be going in late. I just need to give myself permission to take care of myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment