Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Still flirting

I have not put in much effort at the gym lately because I am exhausted. I don't even think it is from the extra hours I've been putting in at work, or for school, I think it is just stress. The stress is wearing on my. I can feel it just sitting in the back of my throat and every time I encounter a small hurdle I pretty much start to lose it. I keep trying every day to just say I'll do what is in front of me, but then I get interrupted or there is something else that takes priority. I am finding it impossible to concentrate. My equilibrium is off. It does not help that I'm trying to work on a group project and there is no clear idea of what the outcome or goal is. I have a paper due tomorrow that I've barely started. I almost don't care if I get a B. Almost.

I did go to the gym last night and it felt good but it was too hot. I managed to do a couple of sets of jogging, but I have a lot of insulation. Once I get my heart rate up and going I get overheated and it does not help when the gym has the heat pumped up. I do not know how people run outside in the summer. I need air conditioning. I am sure it is something I can learn to get used to but for now, I turn down the speed and kind of give up. Every time I turned my machine down the girl next to me ramped hers up. Not that I was comparing or anything. We did some stuff on the weight machines and there was this group of guys just sitting on a bunch of machines talking. We went and used some other machines but they were still there talking. My gym buddy said are you using that machine and the guy was all oh yeah I have another set. Another set my big tushy. It is hard enough to go into that area that is overpopulated by men and then to have these guys just being jerks makes it worse. I'm still flirting with the drivers license weight. My mom kind of things it is psychological. I'm going to go to the gym on Friday and Saturday and I'm hoping...

I'm going to go home tonight and write my paper. That will require that I leave work at 5. Yeah, good luck with that.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Just keep telling yourself that in a little over a month, you will be in Spain! (Where is that nasty rain? On the plain, in Spain!) It's hard to keep the motivation, but it's so easy to lose it. I wish I had some magic words for you on that, but I don't. My motivation is the 110.00 I paid for the marathon and the money I paid for the Disney marathon. After January, I'm sure my motivation will be gone. It does sound like you need to take a day or two off of work though, if you can, just to relax. Or, perhaps you are just stressed out because you haven't seen you ex-husband in months!

Cora and CW said...

And not only will you be in Spain but you will be in England, visiting me, and I cannot wait to see you!!! Need to do some serious reading on your blog lady to catch up properly on your life. But all I can say is stick with everything you are doing and soon you'll be away from that place for a while and I'll show you a great time in London and beyond! Tell me, by the way, anything in particular you want to do? Trying to plan a special thing or two...